maanantai 14. heinäkuuta 2014

Adventures // Requested English Version

As I'm writing this, I've only got 30 days left here in Hong Kong. I still can't believe I've been here for 2 months already! That time has passed really quickly and included some of the most amazing adventures all over Hong Kong. Whatever happens during this one last month, there's one thing I know for sure - I will never forget these three months in the craziness of Hong Kong!

Even though Hong Kong itself is one of the most breathtaking places I've ever been to and full of wonders, my best memories are the ones I've shared with my new friends. Friends that I met in that one Tapas event that I chose to go to because I was bored. Friends, who introduced me to other friends. In fact, I meet new friends everyday.


The past few weeks have included a lot of fun events. I've been to a BBQ party in Shek O that was just as relaxing as I was hoping it would be and a cold (cheap) mango daiquiri has never tasted so good! The chilled evening ended to IFC rooftop and some funny conversations. Thankfully, I made it home before the MTR closed and got a good night sleep!


The good night sleep was well needed, as on Sunday I went to Infinity pool and that involved a "small hike". That small hike was about 2 kilometers of never ending stairs in the heat of 40 degrees and those stairs led to another set of stairs and after that we needed to climb. Yes, climb. After reaching the top and having sworn that the name Infinity pool comes from the fact that there are infinite stairs, I was still happy to dip in to the cool water. My pictures aren't the best as I didn't want to risk my phone falling to the water but regardless of that, it was quite a beautiful spot!


Infinity pool


A cow wtf
Once we made it down we headed straight to Tung Chung and to a Pizza hut where we had to wait for food for15 minutes and it felt like an eternity. After reaching home, I fell to my bed after shower and slept better than I have slept in ages.

On Wednesday I headed out for a dinner with some of my new friends to a nice Jazz place on Ashley road that I had visited earlier with my parents and eventually ended up to Ladie's night in Wan Chai. This time I even managed to hear the band play, but unfortunately we were sat right in front of the band so it was a little too lound. I'm planning to go there again all alone, buy a bottle of Crabbies and enjoy myself. That's if I find a free day from my calender!

On Thursday I headed out for a dinner in Wagyu with Peony and Paul, where he was apparently planning a meet up later on and wanted to see if it's good. To my mind, it has potential for a bigger group as well, or at least the food was nice. We continued the evening to The Globe, a pub/restaurant with a larger beer selection than a certain bar back in Belgium. On Friday I also had a dinner with Paul and then headed to Sahara before going to LKF. I like Sahara, not only because of the amazing food they serve but because it reminds me of those long summer nights with my friends back in Valkeakoski. Good times ♥

My hair was straight fo approx.. 20 minutes
Having spent quite a late night on Friday in a horrendous night club called Magnum, I spent my Saturday by sleeping and gaining power for the upcoming pool party in the evening. (Yes, I do something else than just party here - or do I?)  The poolparty was held in W- hotel, that was familiar for me from a previous wine and cheese event and that was thankfully located in Kowloon, saving me the struggle of getting a cab later on. We started the evening in a rooftop terrace in Wanchai with some pizza and then moved on to the W-bar. The pool itself was quite amazing but the afterparty was a bit lame, as apparently the DJ had only one song that he played for 3 hours. At least we got some cool UV facepaints!

In the pool
Uv facepaint

After getting bored with the afterparty, we took a cab to TST around 3-4 AM and I showed people the nearest place to get food before me and Peony headed to my place to catch some Z's. Love you girl ♥

On Sunday I had a dinner in North Point with some friends and it was surprisingly good as I usually don't like Chinese food that much. In this place, the beer was served in cups and the food was brought to a huge circling tray where it was easy to access by everyone. Genius.


Today I'm going to get some wine and French food with my girls but I'll leave that for another post to avoid making this a novel. To end this with, I could tell you guys that at the moment,my future is a total mess because apparently HAMK has a problem with BTBU and it might be that I'm returning to Finland instead of Beijing. I'm so glad that I've got my amazinf friends in here who get my thoughts out of the whole process, because I'm definitely not ready to go to back to Valkeakoski! Next weekend I'm heading to Macao and who knows, maybe I'll win a million in poker and can stay here forever? :D





Ei kommentteja :

Lähetä kommentti

Kiitos:)