maanantai 28. heinäkuuta 2014

Last weeks in Hongkong

Fine, let's translate this one too:D Love you guys ♥ 
--- 

As much as I'd love to stay in this metropolis and continue my life in here, I have to face the fact that all good things come to an end. I still refuse to believe that in less than 3 weeks, I'll be on board a 9h flight back to Finland. Today I will need to go and sort out my rental agreement for an early check out as my flight leaves at 9.30 AM on 15th of August and I don't want to miss my flight. (Ok yes I do) And as much as I'd love to do something fun today, today's plan will be just as exciting as sorting through my stuff because I need to send some of it to Finland before me:(

For the past few weeks, I've tried to keep myself busy and not think about leaving as it always makes me depressed. Last week's Thursday I headed to a Design event held by Italian Chamber of Commerce (No, we totally didn't go there just for the free wine) It was nice to wear a fancy dress and at least pretend to be sophisticated for once.


After spending a few months here, I've started to know quite many people. It's good because I always have some company, bad because I have to say goodbye to all of them. The best part, however, is that there're always something to do. On Saturday I headed to Macau for the second time and apparently there was some kind of a dance festival going on. There was even a team representing Finland but I'm not sure if they were actually Finnish...

My travel companions ♥



After returning from Macau, we headed to LKF for some sort of beer festival. I was supposed ot head home early after a whole day in Macau but as I returned home by MTR (Which goes from 6 AM to 1 AM, and no, I didn't go before 1..) I think my plan failed:D


I also visited Victoria Peak again, although this time it was dark and I have to say, Hong Kong is really beautiful once the sun goes down. There were so many grasshoppers by the Peak that it sounded like a car alarm (Or then it was a car alarm) After Victoria Peak we went back to TST for drinks so that we wouldn't need to take a cab back home. I didn't remember to snap a photo but there's actually quite an amazing view from Eyebar in iSquare. Definitely recommended. 

We tried to take one with HK as background but I guess we failed.
Endless sea of lights.

On Friday I got to visit Ani-Com - one of the biggest conventions in HK, for my work. It was a rather interesting experience, because although I have a long history with cosplay as a hobby and I've been to multiple conventions back in Finland and Sweden, Ani-com was something way different. The event was held in a huge convention center and there were stands from e.g Play Station, X-box, Sanrio and Marvel and probably every single publisher of Manga/Anime.

Flyer

I may have fangirled a bit..
 Although I liked seeing local cosplayers, I couldn't help but to feel annoyed as I saw all the bought costumes. There was maybe one self made costume among a hundred. I'm not judging, but after six years of cosplay making with hot glue bruises, the day-before-con panicking and tears, I wasn't too excited to see all the bought costumes. Even if my interest towards cosplay/ conventions had sort of died, I still noticed how happy I was to see a huge Naruto by the Jump Stars stand and how I silently screamed inside when I noticed a long ruined wig. Who knows, maybe I'll get back to my dear hobby once I return to Finland;)


Trying to hide the excitement

!!!!!




After a 3 hour day in Ani-Com (Just enough tbh) I headed to Causeway Bay with my colleague to go to The Wired Coffee, where they had this limited time only Kumamoto cafe. And the coffee was so good I could almost taste Finnish coffee. I think I need to go there again. The best part however, was just how cute the coffee looked like!

So cute!

Kumamoto


After lunch I went shopping and then back home before heading to Kristina's for some pregaming. The night then continued like our normal Fridays - until very late. Woah. I spent my whole Saturday by sleeping insted of going to the hike I had planned. Sometimes you just need a day off, right? I did laundry, cleaned my flat and went jogging and most importantly just relaxed. Sometimes the life in here is a bit too crazy:D 

On Sunday morning I woke up at 6.30 and went jogging again before heading to the Central Pier 10, where the boat headed towards the ocean. I wasn't just any boat but one of the famous Junk Boats! I had wanted to do it for quite long time, so I was really excited - and I not in vain. The boat trip was so much fun with the slide (!) and all and I loved getting to swim in the ocean. 


girls♥
As much of a fun as the boat trip was, it was still rather exhausting. I still decided to join my friends for dinner somewhere in lkf and after that for a small hangout by the red bar. You guys are the best ♥ It was also time to say goodbye to Ela who has been a great part of our group of friends and who will surely be missed! I finished my night with a Skype call to my best friend Karoliina. Miss you ♥

Ei kommentteja :

Lähetä kommentti

Kiitos:)