torstai 7. elokuuta 2014

Tai Long Wan beach and my thoughts about leaving

In one week I will be on my way to Helsinki-Vantaa airport. In one week, I will see my dear dog and other family members and breathe the clean and fresh air of Finlan. Even though the whole idea of getting back to Finland makes my head ache, I'm still kind of happy to go back to my "beloved" home country.

I already knew before I left to Hong Kong, that I just don't belong to Finland. And after three months of living here, I'm more than sure that my future is definitely somewhere else than in Finland. Is it in Hong Kong? Maybe, maybe not, no one can know that just yet! I'm 100% sure that I will return to Hong Kong though, at least as a tourist, if not more permanently.

One of the many reasons I love Hong Kong is the fact that even though we all live in a big metropolitan city, the whole area is surrounded by the most amazing nature. On Saturday last week, I managed to go for a hike to Tai Long Wan with my friends -  for once according to plan (instead of spending the whole Saturday morning in bed). The hike was about 1,5 hours and to my mind - it was definitely worth it.



Landscapes

To get to Tai Long Wan, you must first go Sai Kung, which you can either reach by a combination of MTR and a minibus or take the easy way out as we did and take a cab. From Sai Kung we took another cab to the pavilion at the start of the hike towards Tai Long Wan. The cab ride was rather exciting as the road to the pavilion was only broad enough for one car but naturally the cars were going into two different directions. Eep.

Cow? A nice cow?
Stairsssss
The hike itself was very easy to walk but it involved quite a bit of climbing and as it was approximately 40 degrees warm, it didn't feel too nice. There were also quite many free-running cows on the track that (thank god) were all nice and tame because I really wouldn't have wanted to run away from aggressive cows in hot weather and uphill. The beach itself was under a long set of stairs but it was worth climbing them down because the beach was breathtakingly beautiful and silent!




We spent most of the day just floating in the water and laying on the beach until 7.30 PM when we took a speedboat back to Sai Kung. The Speedboat was also quite an experience, because the boat was literally jumping on top of the waves and it had no seatbelts of any kind. Well, at least it was fun;) Although I was tired after spending the whole day at the beach and hikins, I still decided to go with the tradition of my weekends in Hong Kong and after spending an hour in the shower (and still probably finding some sand in my hair..) I headed towards the oh so familiar LKF...

Even after spending three months in Hong Kong, I hadn't had a chance to try Hot Pot, and when I noticed that there would be a hot pot meetup next Tuesday, I couldn't help but join in. Hot pot is basically a boiling kettle in the middle of the table where you cook all kinds of meat and vegetables. My favourite was definitely tofu, as I don't really fancy the Hong Kong kind of meet because it's mainly bones and tissue.

So much food..
An an experience, hot pot was rather exciting, but if I'm being completely honest, I was happy with trying it only once. I just didn't find the idea of mixing beef, chicken and fish in the same kettle too appealing and without the Beijing style Satay sauce the food hadn't probably tasted much of anything. Well, at least I've tried it now! :)

Yesterday I went to Granville road that is an amazing street for shopping (guess who just found it after living right next to it for 2 months..) I spent way too much money on cosmetics and shoes, but while shopping, I discovered this "delicacy" in Paisanos...I didn't have enough courage to taste it.

Diabetes in pizza form..yum??

I've got only 7 days left and those days include way too much boring stuff like packing, way too much shopping and goodbyes because many of my friends are also going back home this month. I'm just running out of time:(

Maybe it's actually the right time for me to come home - At least for a week or two as I received quite exciting news from Beijing and so far it looks like I'm going to BTBU after all! Yay! Waiting for more information...:)

Ei kommentteja :

Lähetä kommentti

Kiitos:)