tiistai 26. elokuuta 2014

Home sweet home (eng)

Returning to my old hometown - the small city of Tampere with its 200,000 inhabitants - was rather weird after the huge metropolitan city of Hong Kong. The streets I used to find busy felt like one of those empty side streets, the luminous Finnish summer felt somewhat surreal and the houses are so so so low with only 10 blocks or less. On the other hand, Finland is rather beautiful after the rugged metropolitan. And truly restful.

The Tammer rapids

So peaceful

Whilst I was already missing Hong Kong at the second I stepped in to the plane, I still think it's quite nice to be back in Finland. On my first weekend I was lucky to get to my dearest Simola - our summer house, or holiday house because we stay there all year round. In the peace of the countryside I felt my jet lag melting away and I also got to go to the forest with my mom to pick up some chanterelles.

Finnish Countryside
I really missed this place

The Forest.

The most wonderful thing about returning to Finland however, was reuniting with my little prince - otherwise known as our Parson Russell terrier Pekka and of course my friends and family. I also managed to check out the night life of Tampere but I think I did it too soon after Hong Kong, because the atmosphere was really lame compared to the legendary Lan Kwai Fong.


My little prince
Baby

Karoliina ♥

Even though it's nice to return to Finland, it's also nice to know that I don't have to stay for too long. My semester in Beijing is starting on 8th of Septemper, although I might have to go there a bit later because I need to get my visa and it takes a week and I'm only able to apply as September begins.

If leaving for Hong Kong felt sudden, leaving for Beijing is even more sudden. Due to the problems in the information flow between my school and the school in Beijing, the whole exchange has been a bit unsure but this morning I finally received the long awaited email that cleared things up.

Going to China isn't half as easy as it was to go to Hong Kong. To get the residence permit I've gotten my cardiogram checked, X-ray'd my chest and it also turns out I don't have Plague, Leprosy or any other of these very common diseases in Europe and especially in Finland that were mentioned in the form.

Next weeks will probably be some of the busiest weeks in my life but at least I now know where I'm going. Oh, and it might be the time that I finally learn how to write my name in Chinese.


P.S It was about time to update the header - Next destination Beijing!

Ei kommentteja :

Lähetä kommentti

Kiitos:)